Foundation / Corporation
Keep Texas Beautiful (KTB)
12/20/18 5:00 PM
Grants ranging from $500 to $1,500 and in-kind grants of educational materials and technical assistance to Texas communities affiliated with the Funding Source. Funding may be used to purchase recycling bins for new or existing recycling programs. This program was designed to increase recycling and decrease contamination.
Affiliates applying for the grant should already have a recycling plan in place, through either an existing recycling program or plans with a waste hauler or local government to implement a new recycling program. Along with grant money to purchase bins, KTB will also provide educational materials through Waste Management’s Recycle Often, Recycle Right campaign, as well as technical assistance in placing bins or educating recyclers.
Grant funds should be used for:
- Purchasing recycling bins to start or increase recycling efforts within the community, at either homes, offices, or schools
- Funds can be used to help offset a larger purchase of bins
- Funds can be used for shipping bins to the affiliate community
GrantWatch ID#: 184801
Grant money must be spent and bins purchased and installed by May 17, 2019.
Eligible applicants are:
- KTB affiliates who are in Good Standing or above (Gold and Silver Star), or new affiliates within the past 12 months
- Affiliate community that has a recycling plan in place prior to bins being bought (e.g. an existing recycling program or plans with a waste hauler to implement a new recycling program)
A community eligible to become a KTB affiliate must have a region or regions with shared or adjoining boundaries whose beautification and litter abatement programs are administered by common groups (i.e. city departments, schools, county departments, garden clubs, etc.). A community must also have a census-designated population living within the boundaries of the community. It is important to note that groups do not need to be a KTB affiliate to participate in cleanup events or many of the other programs offered through KTB. KTB affiliates should have goals and/or a strategic plan that aligns with the three KTB focus areas: community beautification, litter prevention and waste reduction.
Examples of different kinds of groups who might form affiliates:
- A commission appointed by the local governing body
- A committee established under an existing board, commission or organization
- An independent nonprofit organization or 501c3
- A board formed by an executive official of an organization or governing body
Steps to Becoming a KTB Affiliate: https://ktb.org/form-an-affiliate
November 15, 2018 (America Recycles Day): Application opens online
December 20, 2018, 5 p.m.: Application due to KTB
January 11, 2019: Applicants notified
Week of January 14, 2019: Grant monies disbursed
May 17, 2019: Bins purchased, received, and placed; educational materials dispersed to bin recipients
May 31, 2019: Final progress pictures and report submitted
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Application due to KTB before deadline: https://www.tfaforms.com/4706173
Phone number: 512-961-5260
8850 Business Park Drive
Austin, TX 78759