Texas Council for Developmental Disabilities (TCDD) and The Arc of Texas
Grants to Texas organizations in eligible counties that have been affected by Hurricane Harvey. Funding is intended to provide support for individuals with developmental disabilities and their families, and to implement programs that build community capacity and promote change.
Eligible use of funds:
- Funds must be used to support individuals with developmental disabilities or family members.
- Individuals must reside in one of 60 designated disaster counties. For a list of counties, see Governor Greg Abbott’s disaster declaration below.
- Support must be related to Hurricane Harvey impact and recovery where other resources are not available
- Can be used for community capacity building or activities that promote systems change
Support may include (but is not limited to):
- Housing and transportation
- Home items and home repair not available through other resources (e.g., FEMA, other)
- Accessibility modifications
- Service coordination and navigation of existing resources
- Administrative program support for recovery
- Relocation expenses
- Child care or respite following disasters
- Counseling programs
- Medical equipment
- Supported employment
- Education and training programs
- Filling gaps in existing coverage (e.g., not covered by FEMA or other sources)
GrantWatch ID#: 184220
Mini-grants are available for organizations in the designated disaster counties in Texas.
Individuals must reside in one of 60 designated disaster counties. For a list of counties, see Governor Greg Abbott’s disaster declaration in Grant Coverage Areas below.
Funds may not be used for activities that may require registration in the state system as a lobbyist.
The deadline for applications is January 11, 2019.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Completed applications should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6201 E. Oltorf, Suite 600
Austin, TX 78741-7509
Phone: (512) 437-5432
Toll Free: (800) 262-0334
Fax: (512) 437-5434
Governor Greg Abbott’s disaster declaration: https://gov.texas.gov/news/post/diaster-proc
Aransas, Austin, Bee, Brazoria, Calhoun, Chambers, Colorado, DeWitt, Fayette, Fort Bend, Galveston, Goliad, Gonzales, Harris, Jackson, Jefferson, Jim Wells, Karnes, Kleberg, Lavaca, Liberty, Live Oak, Matagorda, Nueces, Refugio, San Patricio, Victoria, Waller, Wharton and Wilson counties.
Angelina, Atascosa, Bastrop, Bexar, Brazos, Burleson, Caldwell, Cameron, Comal, Grimes, Guadalupe, Hardin, Jasper, Kerr, Lee, Leon, Madison, Milam, Montgomery, Newton, Orange, Polk, Sabine, San Augustine, San Jacinto, Trinity, Tyler, Walker, Washington and Willacy.