Foundation / Corporation
American Zionist Movement (AZM)
Scholarships generally ranging from $750 to $1,500 to USA college students and post-college young adults to study at a university or attend a long-term program in Israel. Funding is intended for a limited number of young adults who plan to study at an eligible Israeli university or attend a qualifying long-term, post-college program.
The scholarship seeks to recognize candidates who have demonstrated academic excellence, pro-Israel activity in their personal lives and show a commitment to future involvement with the Jewish and Zionist community. Preference is given to candidates who decide to spend the full year in Israel.
Recipients of the Helyn B. Reich Scholarship will be expected to remain involved with the American Zionist Movement following their return to the United States. Involvement may include promotion of the American Zionist Movement or one of its member organizations and attendance at AZM events and telephone and e-mail contact with future scholarship applicants.
GrantWatch ID#: 176540
Scholarship amounts generally range from $750 to $1,500.
Preference will be given to students attending their program for a full year.
University Student Eligibility:
- Applicants must be American and studying at an American college or university with a minimum GPA of 3.5.
- Applicants must have been accepted to study in Israel at an undergraduate program at Ben-Gurion University, University of Haifa, or Tel Aviv University for a minimum of one semester (preference given to students attending for a full year). Students applying to a seminary, summer program or gap year program are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Applicants must be actively engaged with pro-Israel activities on their college campus and/or Jewish community in the United States.
Post-University Applicant Eligibility:
- Applicants must be American.
- Applicants must have been accepted to participate in a MASA Israel Journey program such as Israel Career Experience, OTZMA or WUJS Institute-Arad program for a minimum of one session (Preference given to students attending for a full year). Click here for a full list of MASA Israel programs : http://www.masaisrael.org/programs. Please note that not all programs can qualify and that participants in Graduate Programs and Summer Programs are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Applicants must be actively engaged with pro-Israel activities in their Jewish community in the United States.
The deadline to apply for the Spring 2019 Scholarship is January 9, 2019.
Scholarship Information for University Students:
University Students Scholarship Instructions:
Scholarship Information for Post-University Students:
Post-University Programs Scholarship Instructions:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Application and supporting documents should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
American Zionist Movement
40 Wall Street, Suite 706
New York, NY 10005
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming