Foundation / Corporation
04/24/19 5:00 PM EST
Grants to USA and Canada nonprofit animal welfare organizations, government units, and social service agencies for pet and owner interventions. Funding is intended for activities that will take place at a point of crisis or transition for the human, that will risk the connection between human and animal. The interventions should have an identifiable time frame, such as short-term sheltering, should be co-located with a pet or human service agency, and should provide a temporary service.
Applicants should include one or more of the following:
- Time frame: Pet sheltering for short-term/identifiable time frame
- Urgency: Housing for moments of acute crises
- Partnerships and collaboration: Programs that involve collaborative partnerships between social services, animal welfare and/or for profit organizations
- Leveraged infrastructure: Co-housing that supports shelter for people and their pets or re-purposed space in an animal shelter
- Data collection: Programs that are unique and innovative that have strong data collection and can build an example for other organizations
Pivotal points of interventions include:
- Domestic abuse
- Hospitalization/medical treatment/hospice care
- Housing crisis/housing transition/emergency homelessness sheltering
GrantWatch ID#: 185752
Application are accepted from animal welfare organizations, government entities, or human social service agencies.
PetSmart Charities can award grants to the following entities operating within the United States, its territories, and Canada:
United States and its territories: 501(c)(3) public charities and municipalities (City, County, State, Tribal)
Canada: registered charities and municipalities (City, County, State, Tribal, First Nations, Metis or Inuit entity).
PetSmart Charities is unable to fund individuals, private foundations, for-profit organizations, or organizations or programs that operate outside the U.S. and Canada.
The following cannot be funded:
- Food insecurity programs
- Medical interventions/access to affordable care (unless necessary as part of emergency sheltering - e.g. vaccinations or S/N)
- Transitional or long-term housing which would fall under systematic programs
- Angel Funds
Grant applications will close at 5pm EST on April 24, 2019.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://www.cybergrants.com/pls/cybergrants/ao_login.login?x_gm_id=3522&x_proposal_type_id=53584
If you have any questions or experience difficulties in the submission process, please contact: email@example.com
Pet Smart Charities
9601 N 27th Ave.
Phoenix, AZ 85027
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
USA Territories: American Samoa (USA) Guam (USA) Puerto Rico (USA) Virgin Islands (USA) Northern Mariana Islands (USA)
Canada: Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan Yukon