Foundation / Corporation
Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation (ALSF)
12/17/18 11:59 PM ET
Grants to USA and Canada nonprofits to pursue research studies in pediatric oncology as it affects human populations. The research must use epidemiological approaches and may focus on early detection, prevention, risk factors, effectiveness, and treatment outcomes.
This award program will support investigators pursuing research studies in human populations using epidemiological approaches aimed at improving understanding of childhood cancer. This grant mechanism is designed to support hypothesis-driven research that focuses on the epidemiology, early detection, and prevention of childhood cancer or comparative effectiveness and outcomes research related to detection, prevention, and treatment.
Eligible areas of investigation using an epidemiological research approach include the following:
1. Epidemiology and etiology of childhood cancer (identify subgroups at risk, cause and risk factors)
2. Early Detection of childhood cancer (reduce disease severity and complications e.g. screening)
3. Prevention of childhood cancer (prevent initial development of disease, e.g. immunization, reduce exposure)
4. Comparative effectiveness and outcomes research (evaluate existing or new preventative/therapeutic measures to improve health outcomes for children with cancer or evaluate access to treatment)
5. Molecular epidemiology studies (identify contribution of potential genetic risk factors to late effects of treatment, within families and across populations)
GrantWatch ID#: 184360
Alex’s Lemonade Stand Epidemiology Grants are $100,000 per year for two years.
Funding for two years may be requested. The project will run from July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2021.
Epidemiology Grant awardees may apply for an additional two years of funding, for new but related aims. A maximum of 4 years (2 cycles) can be awarded per project.
U.S. or Canadian not for profit institutions may apply. Principal Investigators do not need to be U.S. citizens.
Principal Investigator Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants should be at the Assistant, Associate or Full Professor level
- Applicant may be M.D., M.D./Ph.D., or Ph.D.
- Applicants must have a history of formal training in disciplines that are relevant to the proposed research or a track record of conducting similar epidemiological or cancer research, including peer-reviewed publications and funding, that demonstrates the project can be accomplished by the investigator.
ALSF does not accept proposals for research utilizing human embryonic stem cells or non-human primates. (Research with human induced pluripotent stem cells is permissible.)
Epidemiology Grant awardees may apply for an additional two years of funding, for new but related aims, through the regular grant submission and competitive review process. The second application may not ask for funding of incomplete aims from the first funding period. A maximum of 4 years (2 cycles) can be awarded per project.
- Application Due Date: December 17, 2018 (11:59 PM ET)
- Award Notification: May 2019
- Project Start Date: July 1, 2019
- Project End Date: June 30, 2021
- Progress Report: June 15, 2020 (financials through 5/31/2020)
- Final Report: July 31, 2021 (financials through June 30, 2021)
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register and apply online: https://alsfapps.force.com/
Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation for Childhood Cancer
111 Presidential Blvd., Suite 203
Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
Canada: Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan Yukon