Foundation / Corporation
Amarillo Area Foundation (AAF)
05/31/19 12:00 Noon
Grants ranging from $2,500 to $10,000 to Texas nonprofits in the Panhandle area for services that benefit women and children. Programs should be focused on supporting economic independence and self-sufficiency for women, and health and safety for women and children.
WPF is focused on the needs of women and children that serve an urgent or critical need and demonstrate unique solutions to time-worn problems and engage in bold new ventures. Eligible programs will address one or more of the focus areas described below, in a manner that creates impact, shows innovation, and involves others in a collaborative manner.
Organizations or programs should address:
Self-sufficiency: Programs that provide women with the skills and resources to be economically independent and self-sufficient. Examples of such programs may include but are not limited to:
- Access to emergency shelter or affordable housing
- Access to affordable, quality day care and after school programs for children;
- Prevention of or assistance in overcoming homelessness or poverty
- Transportation assistance
- Education and training programs targeted toward job skills, budgeting and money management, parenting skills, etc.
Health and Safety: Programs that support the health and well-being of women and children and allow them to live in homes and communities without fear of violence. Examples of such programs may include but are not limited to:
- Healthcare-related education and awareness programs
- Access to preventive medical screenings
- Low or no-cost medical services for uninsured or medically needy women and children
- Programs that instill leadership and build esteem in women/children
GrantWatch ID#: 183439
Grant award amounts will vary between $2,500 and $10,000.
Nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations and certain other charitable agencies who would use grant funds within and for the benefit of the residents and communities of the top 26 counties of the Texas Panhandle are eligible to apply for funding.
- May 31, 2019, by 12:00 Noon: Applications are due
- August 15, 2019: Organizations notified if moving forward
- September 12, 2019: Finalists present to WPF membership
- TBD Fall 2019: WPF recipients announced via FB live
Finalists will be invited to make a brief presentation to the WPF membership on September 12, 2019, in the Neely Conference Center at AAF.
An organization that has an open grant with WPF may not reapply until all grant obligations are met.
Applicants are encouraged to show other sources of support and project sustainability.
Only one application may be submitted per organization.
Grant Information: https://www.amarilloareafoundation.org/receive_grants_spectrum-training-videos
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online application portal: https://aaf.spectrumportal.net
Questions should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 806.376.4521.
Amarillo Area Foundation
801 South Fillmore, Suite 700
Amarillo, TX 79101
USA: Texas: Texas Panhandle counties