Foundation / Corporation
Greater Houston Community Foundation (GHCF) - Latino Giving Houston (LGH)
05/07/19 5:00 PM CST Receipt
Grant of $5,500 to a Texas nonprofit organization for a program or activity that serves Latinos in the greater Houston area. Funding is intended for projects and activities related to social justice, education, arts and culture, health and human services, and community development.
GrantWatch ID#: 180836
All grant funds should be expended within one year of receipt of the grant.
Nonprofit, tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organizations (or projects with a fiscal sponsor meeting this designation) are eligible to apply. New and emerging organizations or programs meeting these criteria are welcome to apply. Applicants must meet Latino Giving – Houston’s mission in that the proposed activity or project serves Latinos in the Greater Houston area.
- Proposed programs must benefit the Latino community.
- Proposed programs must serve individuals in Harris, Fort Bend, Montgomery, Brazoria, Galveston, Liberty, Waller, and/or Chambers Counties.
- The organization must either have a 501(c)3 designation or have a fiscal sponsor with a 501(c)3 designation.
- The organization should demonstrate broad-based support from the community.
- The organization should demonstrate organizational fiscal responsibility.
- The organization should demonstrate responsible board governance through 100% board giving and 75% attendance rate.
- The organization should demonstrate that it provides services without discriminating based on gender, sexual orientation, ability, age or religion.
Latino Giving – Houston will not award grants for the following:
- Partisan, political lobbying or legislative activities
- General fund drives or annual appeals
- Fraternal, sectarian and religious organizations where the grant is intended for the principal benefit of the organization’s own members or adherents, or where the grant is intended for inherently religious activities
- Private foundations
- Legal expenses incurred in any action by or against the organization
- Fundraising activities or events
LGH has a three-part Grant Application process:
(1) Grant Application: Each organization must submit a completed Grant Application. You will also be asked to submit various supporting documents. Grant applications must be received by the submission deadline of Tuesday, May 7, 2019 (5:00 PM CST).
(2) The LGH Grants Committee will review all Grant Applications and select 4 organizations to participate in Round 2, which involves Site Visits.
(3) Site Visit: Members of LGH will conduct the site visits, which will provide an opportunity for members to meet the people behind the organization requesting funding. Site visits include one-on-one interviews with selected representatives from the organization and generally last two (2) hours and will be scheduled for June/July 2019.
(4) Annual Meeting: Information about each organization will be sent to all LGH members. At or before the meeting, LGH’s members will then vote on the grant recipients, with each member casting one vote and the majority deciding the final grant recipient. The annual meeting will take place in August. Upon completion of the voting process, the grant check will be distributed to one organization by September 2019.
Organization (or fiscal sponsor) must complete a nonprofit profile on DonorHouston prior to applying.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latino Giving Houston
c/o Greater Houston Community Foundation
515 Post Oak Blvd.
Houston , TX 77027
USA: Texas: Harris, Fort Bend, Montgomery, Brazoria, Galveston, Liberty, Waller, and Chambers Counties