McKinney Community Development Corporation (MCDC)
Grants to McKinney, Texas nonprofits, agencies, community and convention facilities, and community organizations for projects that will improve the quality of life for local residents. Applicants must contact the funding source before applying. Funding may be used to advance cultural, community, and economic development. Projects must be for public use. Possible projects may include:
- Projects related to the creation or retention of primary jobs
- Infrastructure improvement projects necessary to develop new or expanded business enterprises
- Public parks and open space improvements
- Projects related to recreational or community (city/public access) facilities.
- Professional and amateur sports and athletic facilities, including children’s sports
- Entertainment, tourist, and convention facilities
- Projects related to low-income Housing
- Mass transit-related facilities
- Airport facilities
Funding Source's Goals:
- Meet citizen needs for quality of life improvements, business development and sustainable economic growth for residents in the City of McKinney
- Provide support for cultural, sports, fitness, entertainment, community projects and events that attract resident and visitor participation and contribute to quality of life, business development and increased McKinney sales tax revenue
- Highlight and promote McKinney as a unique destination for residents and visitors alike
- Demonstrate informed financial planning – addressing long-term costs, budget consequences and sustainability of projects for which funding is requested
- Educate the community about the impact that local dining and shopping has on investment in quality of life improvements in McKinney
GrantWatch ID#: 179212
Approved Projects must be completed within one year, or consistent with performance agreement.
Project Grants provide financial support for projects eligible for consideration under Sections 501 and 505 of the Texas Local Government Code.
Eligible organizations may include the Parks and Recreation department to city tourist, community and convention facilities, nonprofits and community service organizations.
Applicant must have been in business (preferably within the City of McKinney) for a minimum of two years. Economic development projects may be excluded from this requirement.
The Applicant must own the land or facility where the proposed project will be located.
If the Applicant does not own the land, written acknowledgement / approval from the property owner must be included with the application. The letter must document the property owner is aware of the proposed use of the property or facility; and the property owner has reviewed the project plan and application, approves and supports the efforts of the applicant.
Preference may be given to applicants who have not received funding from MCDC within the previous 12-month period.
Preference may be given to applicants who develop and demonstrate multiple revenue streams to financially support Project requests - and are not applying to other City of McKinney entities (e.g. Arts Commission, City of McKinney Community Support Grants, McKinney Convention and Visitors Bureau).
Please contact Cindy Schneible to discuss your proposed project, secure additional information and answer your questions - prior to completing and submitting an application.
A preliminary review of your proposal or idea, by the MCDC board, can be obtained by submitting a Letter of Inquiry form.
Application Deadline: December 28, 2018
MCDC Board Presentation: January 24, 2019
Board Vote/Award Notification: February 28, 2019
Application Deadline: March 29, 2019
MCDC Board Presentation: April 25, 2019
Board Vote/Award Notification: May 23, 2019
Application Deadline: June 28, 2019
MCDC Board Presentation: July 25, 2019
Board Vote/Award Notification: August 22, 2019
Submit online form or submit your application with any supporting documents by emailing the MCDC, mailing or hand-delivering the application and supporting documents on a thumb drive to MCDC.
Funds awarded for approved applications are expended on a reimbursement basis.
Please note: MCDC funds will become available to an approved applicant 60 days after the date of publication of the Notice of Public Hearing referenced above.
Where to Apply: http://www.mckinneycdc.org/185/Where-to-Apply
Grants Information: http://www.mckinneycdc.org/166/Grants
Application Process: http://www.mckinneycdc.org/181/Application-Process
Overview of Grants: http://www.mckinneycdc.org/176/Overview
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To submit an LOI:
To apply online:
To submit via email:
To submit via delivery:
McKinney Community Development Corporation
5900 South Lake Forest Drive, Suite 110
McKinney, Texas 75070
USA: Texas: City of McKinney