Foundation / Corporation
Samuel Rubin Foundation
Grants of approximately $5,000 to USA nonprofit organizations for programs to protect the cultural, civil, economic, social, and political rights of people across the globe. The Foundation's mission includes pursuing justice and peace and distributing the world's resources equitably.
Previous grants have been awarded for conflict resolution, equal gender rights, and scholarships for higher education.
GrantWatch ID#: 178726
The majority of the Foundation’s grants are $5,000.
There are no geographic limitations, however, organizations based outside the United States must be sponsored by a U.S.-based organization with tax-exempt status.
No grants are made to individuals, for building funds, or for endowments.
- October 1, 2018 for review at the November 2018 Board Meeting
- April 22, 2019 for review at the June 2019 Board Meeting
- Applicants are notified of the Foundation’s decisions via email within a week of its meetings.
- Please feel free to call or email the Foundation at any point during the application process. Feedback and questions are welcome.
- The Foundation accepts applications at any time for general operating expenses or for specific projects.
- There are limited discretionary funds for smaller ‘emergency’ grants between Board meetings. It is encouraged, however, to observe the regular application deadlines unless an ’emergency’ grant is absolutely necessary.
- The Foundation typically does not award more than one grant per fiscal year per organization.
More information on how to apply: http://samuelrubinfoundation.org/application-guidelines/how-to-apply/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply through the online application system:
Kaitlin Longmire, Grants Manager
Samuel Rubin Foundation
50 Church St., 5th Fl.
Cambridge, MA 02138
Office Hours: Monday to Wednesday, 9:30-4:00
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming