Foundation / Corporation
Captain Planet Foundation (CPF)
07/15/19 11:59 PM
Grants ranging from $500 to $2,500 to USA nonprofit organizations and schools for youth-oriented projects that promote environmental stewardship. Funding is intended to support youth-led, solution-oriented activities that result in genuine environmental outcomes in a school or a community.
The goals of these grants are to:
- Empower youth by providing hands-on environmental stewardship opportunities
- Inspire youth and communities to become agents of change for their environment
- Serve as a catalyst for education that uses the environment as a context for applied and STEM learning
Monetary support from CPF may be used for direct expenses associated with proposed projects.
- Be based in the U.S.
- Be solution-oriented
- Be project-based
- Be youth-led
- Result in demonstrable environmental outcomes
GrantWatch ID#: 178257
$500 – $2,500
Multi-year projects are not supported.
Applicant organizations eligible for monetary support through the Foundation must:
- Be exempt from federal taxation under the IRS Section 501 (includes most schools and nonprofit organizations), or have a fiscal sponsor that meets this criterion.
- Maintain an annual operating budget of less than $3 million (only for nonprofits)
Ideally, the students should be a part of the entire process. However, at a minimum, the students must be the ones implementing the project.
Funds may not be used for:
- Capital or building campaigns, purchase of real estate, or endowments
- General operating expenses
- Salary or contract services
- Beautification or landscaping projects
- Travel costs or field trips that are not an essential part of the proposed project (if included, identify the purpose of the field trip under “project activities”)
- Expensive equipment that can only be used once or by a few
- Promotional items such as t-shirts, flyers, postcards, etc.
There are two application periods:
Application Period: September 15th - January 15th
Application Period: March 15th - July 15th 11:59 PM
Notification: Late September
Preference is given to requests that have secured match or in-kind funding commitments to support projects.
All Captain Planet Foundation grant applications are administered through the CPF Grant Portal.
More information: https://captainplanetgrants.communityforce.com/Funds/Search.aspx
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Click here to apply online: https://captainplanetgrants.communityforce.com/Login.aspx?7861726F417A39587757633D
For questions about this application, please contact Kathy Lively at email@example.com
Captain Planet Foundation, Inc.
133 Luckie Street, 2nd Floor
Atlanta, GA 30303
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming