Foundation / Corporation
Captain Planet Foundation (CPF)
07/15/19 11:59 PM
Grants of up to $2,500 to USA nonprofits and schools for youth-led projects that employ technology to address environmental issues. Funding may be used for direct expenses and to purchase materials required to implement the project. Eligible projects will integrate technology to achieve innovative or greater environmental impact.
- Be based in the U.S.
- Integrate the use of technology to address environmental problem (not just devices)
- Be project-based
- Be youth-led
- Result in demonstrable environmental outcomes
ecoTech Grants are specifically offered to engage children in inquiry-based, STEM-related projects that leverage technology and/or use nature-based design to address environmental problems in local communities.
Captain Planet Foundation grants are intended to:
- Empower youth by providing hands-on environmental stewardship opportunities
- Inspire youth and communities to become agents of change for their environment
- Serve as a catalyst for education that uses the environment as a context for applied and STEM learning
Examples of previous ecoTech™ Grant funded projects have involved: the integration of robotics and sensors to explore water bodies, collect data, and organize clean-ups; the development of aquaponic and hydroponic systems using arduinos and remote sensing; renewable energy design challenges; biotechnology research; nature-based design applications; and many others.
GrantWatch ID#: 178255
Up to $2,500
The Foundation does not fund multi-year projects.
Applicant organizations eligible for monetary support through the Foundation must:
- Be exempt from federal taxation under the IRS Section 501 (includes most schools and nonprofit organizations), or have a fiscal sponsor that meets this criterion.
- Maintain an annual operating budget of less than $3 million (only for nonprofits)
Funds may not be used for:
- Capital or building campaigns, purchase of real estate, or endowments
- General operating expenses
- Salary or contract services
- Beautification or landscaping projects
- Travel costs or field trips that are not an essential part of the proposed project
- Expensive equipment that can only be used once or by a few
- Promotional items such as t-shirts, flyers, postcards, etc.
There are two application periods:
Application Period: September 15th - January 15th
Application Period: March 15th - July 15th 11:59 PM
Notification: Late September
Preference is given to requests that have secured match or in-kind funding commitments to support projects.
All Captain Planet Foundation grant applications are administered through the CPF Grant Portal.
More information: https://captainplanetgrants.communityforce.com/Funds/Search.aspx
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Captain Planet Foundation, Inc.
133 Luckie Street, 2nd Floor
Atlanta, GA 30303
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming