Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation of Abilene (CFA) - Future Fund
01/11/19 5:00 PM
Grants ranging from $2,500 to $5,000 to Abilene, Texas nonprofits to improve the quality of life in the community through programs serving children and youth. Funding may be used to fund special projects and for purchasing equipment needed for the program.
The chances of your agency's proposal being funded are substantially increased if the project:
- Proposes a practical solution to a youth or children’s issue;
- Promotes volunteer participation in the community;
- Is responsive to changing or emerging community needs;
- Leverages or generates other funding or resources;
- Promotes cooperation among nonprofit agencies without duplicating efforts;
- Addresses prevention as well as assistance for a problem.
Consideration is also given to the capability of the agency and its staff and volunteers to achieve expected results, the adequacy and professionalism of the budget, and the support and cooperation of agencies involved in similar projects.
GrantWatch ID#: 177899
Most grants range from $2,500 to $5,000, although larger requests can be considered.
Future Fund welcomes proposals from any non-profit organization in Abilene with an IRS tax-exempt status.
As a rule, Future Fund will not make grants for:
- Medical or scholarly research;
- Maintenance expenses;
- Membership fees;
- Ticket sales for charitable fundraising events;
- Church-related activities unless they involve children in the entire community;
- Travel for groups, such as school classes, clubs or sports teams;
- Participation in out of town camps;
- Projects, programs or events that have been completed or items that have already been purchased;
- Capital debt reduction;
- Political projects.
Future Fund awards grants once a year. The grant proposal must be submitted online by 5:00 PM on Friday, January 11, 2019.
The Foundation utilizes an online grants management system called Foundant GLM. All requested data must be submitted through this system, and applicant tutorials are available on the CFA website. Paper applications are no longer accepted for Future Fund Grant Cycles.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register and apply online:
500 Chestnut, Ste. 1634
P.O. Box 1001
Abilene, TX 79602
USA: Texas: Abilene