Foundation / Corporation
American Legion Child Welfare Foundation (CWF)
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations for projects and programs that benefit children and youth and directly impact their physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual welfare through the dissemination of knowledge and information. Projects must involve the publication of knowledge about new organizations and their programs designed to benefit youth; or through the dissemination of current knowledge possessed by well-established organizations so that it may be used productively by society.
Projects must have the potential of helping as many children as possible over a large geographic area (more than one state).
GrantWatch ID#: 172880
The Foundations grants are awarded for one year. All grants must be completed between the period of January 1 - December 31 of the award year.
Any nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization may submit a grant application.
- Grants are not made for any of the normal, day-to-day operating expenses of the grantee or expected special operating expenses connected with the grant.
- Grants are never awarded directly or indirectly to an individual for his or her personal use.
- Grants will not be given for construction of any type.
- Grants will not be given to match government funds.
- Grants are not to defray school expenses for master or doctrinal candidate to perform research for degree requirements.
- Grants are not awarded for projects that seek to create or reproduce materials or medium in a language other than English.
- Grants are never given for personnel expenses, i.e. salaries, insurance, fringe benefits, or for the purpose of coordinating seminars or training programs. Specifically, grants are not made to cover lodging, travel nor food expenses, registration fees, or per diem expenses.
- Grants are not given to purchase equipment for the purpose of conducting research, seminars, or to add to the existing equipment of an agency or organization.
- Grants are never made to pay salaries or fees for consultants, secretaries or other clerical type help.
- Grants are not given to cover such costs as storage, computer time, telephone, analysis, or the cost of office space rental.
Personal appearances before the Board of Directors for the purpose of promotion and/or clarifying a grant by the grant applicant or associates are prohibited.
Grant applications may be submitted beginning May 1. The deadline for the receipt of all applications is July 15, 2019. The Board of Directors
will not consider any application received after this deadline.
All applicants will be informed of the status of their application by the third week of October.
Applications must be typed.
Fund mission: http://www.cwf-inc.org/about/mission
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Mail or deliver your application to:
American Legion Child Welfare Foundation, Inc.
The American Legion
PO Box 1055
Indianapolis, IN 46206
700 N. Pennsylvania Street
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Phone: (317) 630-1202
Fax: (317) 630-1369
Online contact form: http://www.cwf-inc.org/contact
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming