Foundation / Corporation
Brownsville Community Improvement Corporation (BCIC)
03/01/19 2:00 PM CST
Grants to Brownsville, Texas nonprofits and city departments for capital projects that will enhance the quality of life for local residents and foster local economic development opportunities. Funding is intended to support expenditures that are associated with land, buildings, equipment, facilities, targeted infrastructure, and improvements.
Capital Project grants provide an opportunity for financial support for eligible projects Sections 501 and 505 of the Texas Local Government Code and is aligned with BCIC’s 3-year strategic plan that will contribute to the city’s economic health. Examples include:
- Downtown revitalization projects necessary to increase sales tax revenue and foster investor opportunities;
- Projects that are designed to increase recreational tourism and spur small business development and/or support the Active Transportation Plan; or
- Projects that support cultural, sports, fitness, recreational, entertainment and community that will contribute to the sustainability and growth of Brownsville's sales tax revenue.
Capital projects must fall under the following categories to be an eligible expenditure for "type b" economic development corporations:
- Land Acquisition
- Building Acquisition
- Targeted Infrastructure
- Capital Improvements
- Professional and Amateur Sport and Athletic Facilities
- Convention Facilities
- Public Parks and Open Spaces Improvements
- Tourism and Entertainment Facilities
All projects must foster economic development within city limits.
GrantWatch ID#: 143544
No multi-year grant requests will be accepted.
Approved capital projects must be completed within one calendar year from the date of the project agreement is signed, or consistent with project agreement.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Please contact Cori Peña, Administrator of Grants and Contracts, at (956) 548-6188 or by email email@example.com for further inquiries on grant application and/or eligibility.
USA: Texas: City of Brownsville